do family organisers have access to your passwords?

Options
bonnieemma
bonnieemma
Community Member

Hi there - I'm part of a family vault - does the family organiser have access to my passwords or is my vault private?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:do family organisers have access to your passwords?

Comments

• Hi @bonnieemma,

When using a 1Password family account, each family member starts with two vaults:

• Everyone in your family has their own Private vault. You can’t see what’s in theirs, and they can’t see what’s in yours. Store things like your email login and social media passwords in your Private vault.

• 1Password Families includes a Shared vault for items everyone in your family needs. It’s a great place for your Wi-Fi password and Netflix login, for example.

Think of the 1Password Family account as an apartment complex: each member you invite to join your family will live in their own apartment (have their own account, Secret Key, and account password), but still live in the same apartment complex (be a part of the same family account).

In short, your Private vault is private and not able to be accessed by any other family members but that is the only vault that is not able to be accessed by other family members or the family organizer.

This discussion has been closed.