Why won't my passwords auto fill in eight

Options
markatmjf
markatmjf
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

since i installed much of 1password does not work, i believe it is not working in my browser

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why won't my passwords auto fill in eight

Comments

• markatmjf
    markatmjf
    Community Member
    Options

1Password version 8.1 0.8, operating system, Ventura, 13.4, extension password for Safari 2.11.0

• markatmjf
    markatmjf
    Community Member
    Options

now what

• Hi @markatmjf sorry to hear you're having trouble filling your logins.

I have some questions to help me understand what's going wrong:

• Do you see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar? If not, you can add it by following the steps in our guide: If you don't see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar
    • Can you provide the steps you're taking when trying to autofill?
    • Can you send me a screenshot of when you're unable to autofill with 1Password so I can see what you're seeing?
      • If you need help getting a screenshot, this guide will help you with the process: Take-a-Screenshot Once you have the image, make sure to remove or mask any private information, including your account password and Secret Key. Please include the full screen.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• markatmjf
    markatmjf
    Community Member
    Options

OS VERSION VENTURA 13.4, 1PASSWORD 8.10.8, SAFARI EXTENSION2.1.1.0,

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @markatmjf, it looks like you took a screenshot of the guide that we sent your way and not a website where you are unable to fill with 1Password.

1. Could you click on the 1Password extension icon in the top left of your browser's toolbar to ensure that it is unlocked? Having that unlocked is the first step in saving and filling with 1Password.

2. Could you then go to our test form at https://fill.dev/form/login-simple, type in a fake username and password, and then see if you get an option to Save in 1Password? Here's a video of how that would look like: https://share.cleanshot.com/6G2wFwlL

If you do not get the Save in 1Password prompt like in my video, please share a screenshot to let us know what appears when you type in a fake username and password to the form above. We appreciate your patience and look forward to hearing back.

This discussion has been closed.