Suggested Password used in browser during new registration, then 1P fails to save the pw in app

Options
zebdro
zebdro
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

This happens to me frequently enough, and just a few moments ago, that I thought it worth posting about. I register for a new site, select the 1P suggested pw, and think all is well. Then when I go to log in, 1P does not have any info saved for the site, and the pw is forgotten. The modal window never popped up, but I don't always notice that. I feel like this flow in 1P is janky and needs improvement to make it nearly impossible to fumble a new pw registration.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007041)
Extension Version: 2.11
OS Version: 13.4
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Suggested Password used in browser registration, then 1P fails to save the password

Comments

• Hey @zebdro,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are running into when saving a password. Can you let me know if you can reliably reproduce this behaviour? Is it happening on a specific website that I can do some testing on?

If you are able to reproduce it can you try the below steps to resync your account and then try again to see if things work as expected?

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    3. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    4. Under Accounts & Vaults, click the ( ⋮ ) three dots to sign out of your account.
    5. Click "+ Sign in to a new account" to sign back in and re-enable the integration setting.

Let us know how you get on.

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your attention, @steph.giles . I think it's happened to me several times (perhaps 3-6?) in the past six months or so. I wanted to report it in case it helps the 1P team and other users. Unfortunately, I cannot dedicate time to reproducing or troubleshooting the error. If I happen to catch it in the future, I'll post an update here.

• Thanks @zebdro, I'm sorry for the trouble.

We are aware of a couple of issues that may cause this behaviour and are working on a solution.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member
    Options

This error occurred just now while signing up on a new website after using a 1P-suggested pw.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @zebdro, sorry that the error occurred again. Just to check, is it happening consistently on the new website that you had mentioned? If it's happening regardless on what website you are on, please try the steps that Steph listed here and let us know if the issue comes back.

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to get the pw saved on the next attempt. I'm not trying to get immediate support for a consistent issue. I'm aiming to provide evidence for an infrequent-but-significant issue that might be hard for the 1p team to track down and resolve.
    Since it still works most of the time, I'm inclined to leave the integration settings alone for now. Thanks.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zebdro thanks for writing back. There are reports of similar behavior which we are tracking, but the issue is usually very consistent. So the behavior you're describing is quite strange.

Though the behavior is infrequent on your end, we would need more information about it in order to investigate further. Could you confirm if the issue happens on just one website, or does it happen randomly on any website? Could you let us know if the issue seems to happen after your computer has been locked up or asleep for some time?

This discussion has been closed.