Copy/Past does not work for security login on homepages

Options
Chris90
Chris90
Community Member

Hello all
For some time now, I have been having trouble transferring login data from 1PW to the login area of a website using Copy/Past.
I can copy a password or username from 1PW, but often nothing can be pasted into the corresponding login field of the homepage, or worse, a previously copied text is inserted unnoticed into the login field.
I can open 1PW via the 1PW symbol in the login field of the homepage, but somehow I don't find the required login data, although they are there when I open 1PW normally.
I suspect that some security mechanism from Safari or Firefox is getting in the way with 1PW, but I don't know what to do about it.
Especially affected are logins from Apple and Microsoft Sites, see attchement…!

Does anyone have similar problems and know what to do?

Thanks
C.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios
Browser:_ Safari, Firefox

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Chris90! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble copying and pasting a username/password from 1Password. Are you copying the username/password from the main 1Password app on your iPad's home screen? Or from the extension in Safari?

The next time that the issue occurs can you check to see if you're able to paste the username into Apple Notes? Does that work?

1Password for Safari should suggest your login in the menu that appears below the username/password field on the page. If it's not doing that then can you check to see that you've added the website address (URL) of that exact page to the Login Item for that website in 1Password?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#9820

• Chris90
    Chris90
    Community Member
    Options

I tried both:
    copiing directly from 1PW. and from the safari Extension.

Copyed form the 1PW app on iPad iOS, the copy content is empty when triing passing it to the „Pase location“ of the login of some homepage.
    Whenn passiing the same content on iPhone iOS Note App, the Note app showes this

sometime also the the imtended contend PLUS to unknown files

so probanly the problem is at the source, but how?

copiing from safari extension, the copy content is empty every time.

Triing to Copiing from the login menu that appears below the username/password, it shows „no object found“ (translated from german…)

For many years and 1PW versions I was sucsessfully able to copy/past login Datas from 1PW App to any homepage.

Why is this not working anymore?

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Chris90

Thank you for the reply. Can you please try another test on your iPad:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Go to https://fill.dev/form/login-simple
    3. Copy a username from the 1Password extension for Safari.
    4. Paste it into the Username field on https://fill.dev/form/login-simple

Does that work? Next, repeat the same test but this time copy the username from the main 1Password app on your iPad's home screen, are you able to paste it into https://fill.dev/form/login-simple?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Chris90
    Chris90
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!!!
    Copy directly for 1PW App words an shows correct Login name and password
    Copy from Sarari Adon is not possible, as I find no button to have Name and password transferd
    What now?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Chris90

Thank you for the reply.

Copy from Sarari Adon is not possible, as I find no button to have Name and password transferd

To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing when you try to paste from the Safari extension and attach it to your reply:

Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.