Microsoft was used to sign in to Google?

Options

I just had a 1Password prompt "Save in 1Password" - "Microsoft was used to sign in to: Google". All I had done was land on a Microsoft forum page and was not logged in to any MS account at the time. This seems pretty scary to me. Any idea how or why this prompt was generated? Even if I was logged in to a MS account this should not be possible, according to the MS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Win11
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @spryce,

I'm sorry for the confusion here.

Can you send me a link to the page you were on so I can take a look and try to replicate it on my end?

Thank you!

• spryce
    spryce
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Steph,

As an aside, 1P stopped showing in my Win11 search results unless I type the entire string "1Password". e.g. "1Passwor" does not return the executable... This only started in the last day or so.

I haven't typed the "d" in the attached screenshot, it's just showing the autocomplete. When I type the "d" I get a hit:

So I ended up at this URL when it happened. I couldn't replicate it though:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-option-doesnt-find-apps/8ef14b63-f727-40b9-b59f-699ecb02efef

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @spryce!

As an aside, 1P stopped showing in my Win11 search results unless I type the entire string "1Password". e.g. "1Passwor" does not return the executable... This only started in the last day or so.

That is strange. Could you share a screenshot showing what appears when you do type in the entire "1Password" term? Does the same thing happen with others apps installed on your Windows 11 machine?

Hmm, I'm unable to replicate the behavior as well. I did notice though that the navigation buttons in your screenshot doesn't match what's found in the Microsoft forum: https://share.cleanshot.com/WLMR5YsQ. They do match what's found when signed into Google. Do you remember if you had signed into your Google account at any point? If you can reproduce the behavior, please let us know and we'll investigate further.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@spryce after checking with my colleagues, we've found that you are running into a known issue. If you have multiple tabs open, and click a link to sign in via a supported provider, the USO prompt will trigger and state that the service was used to sign into one of your accounts. No service was used to sign into any of your accounts, and the prompt should not appear, but it does, which is where the confusion lies.

I've added your instance of this issue to the ticket being used to track the behavior. Hopefully our developers can come up with a fix for it in the future.

For now, if you come across the prompt again, you can dismiss it. If you have any questions about it, you can reach back out to us and we'll help check on it.

I hope this sheds more light on what's happening. Let us know if you have any other concerns!

ref: dev/core/core#21660

• spryce
    spryce
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Joy_1P - FWIW, I was already signed in to Google and I did not click any sign in links on any page at the time.

In regards to the indexing:

When I enter 1Password in full I get the following. Note that is says Run command rather than App:

If I use a lower case p in 1password it does not match either:

The only thing I manually changed with 1P recently was my master password. Same machine, same install etc... All other apps working OK in the Win11 search. Cheers.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

FWIW, I was already signed in to Google and I did not click any sign in links on any page at the time.

@spryce I received a prompt that said Microsoft was used to sign into the Community here. I was testing the Microsoft login pages but also had a tab open for the Community. Did you have the Microsoft login page open somewhere while logged into Google in another tab?

When I enter 1Password in full I get the following. Note that is says Run command rather than App:

That's very weird. I could not reproduce on two of my Windows 11 machines though. I have the 1Password 8 app installed. Could you clarify if you have that installed as well?

This discussion has been closed.