1Password.com Web App: Feature Requests & Feedback

Options

I'd like to thank the 1Password team for engaging with their users, and I'm sure 1Password (company) is very busy with a lot of things on their plate right now. Below is a few short suggestions & feedback about the 1Password.com web app:

Request #1 - Support for "Dark Mode" in the browser (I primarily use 1Password in Safari).

Request #2 - Ability to rearrange fields & sections

Request #3 - Support for "unsupported field(s)", such as file attachments.

Request #4 - Ability to re-size the columns (e.g., the left navigation, the list of items in the middle, and the right viewing pane, aka item details).

Request #5 - Support for viewing and editing markdown syntax.

Request #6 - Ability to edit the name of a tag (just like can be done on macOS).

———————————

Issue #1 - When clicking on a tag (in the left navigation pane) on 1Password.com, there's no outline indicating which tag is being viewed. In other words, observe what it looks like when you click on one of the categories in the left menu, and you'll notice it outlines the selected category, and I kinda wish that also worked when clicking on tags.

Issue #2 - Related Items section doesn't match the position of the section as found on native 1Password apps (i.e., the section for related/linked items isn't in the same place as it is on the apps, like on iOS, iPadOS, Mac).

Issue #3 - Clicking on "All Items", or for example, swapping between "Favorites" and "All Items", is a little slow to initiate. I'm guessing there's code (e.g. javascript) that runs in the browser, on the device, like for the local encryption & decryption. If that's the way it has to be, in order to reap the benefits & security standards of 1Password, then I understand, and that's more important than trying to fix a little lag. (Note: I have several hundred items between vaults, which might be a factor in lag time.)

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008035)
Extension Version: Version 2.12.2 (21200201)
OS Version: macOS 13.4 (22F66); iOS 16.5; iPadOS 16.5
Browser:_ Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Edge

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hey @nimvio! Thanks for reaching out about this. I'll make sure that each request is sent over to the right team.

Issue #1 - When clicking on a tag (in the left navigation pane) on 1Password.com, there's no outline indicating which tag is being viewed. In other words, observe what it looks like when you click on one of the categories in the left menu, and you'll notice it outlines the selected category, and I kinda wish that also worked when clicking on tags.

I've taken a look at this and agree that not seeing which tag has been selected is confusing. I'll share feedback regarding this with our developers.

Issue #2 - Related Items section doesn't match the position of the section as found on native 1Password apps (i.e., the section for related/linked items isn't in the same place as it is on the apps, like on iOS, iPadOS, Mac).

I've reviewed the Related Items section for a login at 1Password.com and via the 1Password for desktop app. The Related Items section is below the website and custom fields in a login via both the website and app. Could you tell me more about what you're seeing and about how that is inconsistent across the different platforms and apps?

Issue #3 - Clicking on "All Items", or for example, swapping between "Favorites" and "All Items", is a little slow to initiate. I'm guessing there's code (e.g. javascript) that runs in the browser, on the device, like for the local encryption & decryption. If that's the way it has to be, in order to reap the benefits & security standards of 1Password, then I understand, and that's more important than trying to fix a little lag. (Note: I have several hundred items between vaults, which might be a factor in lag time.)

I'm having a hard time reproducing this one, but I may not have as many items as you do. Could you check on this from a different browser and see if you get the same lag? Could you also try this from a private window where there are no other extensions installed to see if that makes a difference?

Please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you again.

PB: 31082450

PB: 33812844

PB: 33401913

PB: 31081420

PB: 33812888

PB: 33812905

This discussion has been closed.