Item Sharing - email autosuggestion

Options
hri100
hri100
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Business and Teams

Hello everyone,

I think one very useful feature is missing in 1password (are really miss from LastPass): autosuggestion list when I type the email of the person to share the item with. Normally I would expect that 1password have a list of all team members in the company and can offer me suggestions based on my search keyword.
I think this will speed up the share process a lot and also will minimize typing errors.
Or I am doing somethign wrong :) ?

Best,
Hristo

1Password Version: 8.10.8
OS Version: MacOS 13.4

Comments

• Hello Hristo,

1Password currently offers two ways of sharing information.

• Create, share, and manage vaults in your team. This is intended for sharing vaults with team members, and includes suggestions of matching users and groups after you have typed at least three characters into the search field. If you aren't sharing information with shared vaults, you may prefer to switch to this method.
    • Securely share 1Password items with anyone This is intended for sharing individual items with anyone, even those outside of a 1Password team. For that reason, there is no autofill or suggestions when sharing with this method.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

• hri100
    hri100
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the information.

so at the end the solution for internal sharing in team is to use vaults.
    Our team has to rethink a bit, but I totally understand the benefits.

• Hello @hri100,

the solution for internal sharing in team is to use vaults.

This is absolutely correct. Sharing with vaults will provide several major advantages:

• Various permissions can be applied for a specific team member's access to a vault, or for a group if you are using 1Password business.
    • Unlike item sharing links, information in vaults can be updated by other team members, and the data stays in sync for everyone with access to the vault.
    • Vault's don't need to have each item shared individually. Anyone with the correct permissions can automatically see items added to the vault.
    • Items in vaults automatically appear in other team members 1Password app and 1Password in the browser. They won't need to remember to save the shared item into their own account.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

This discussion has been closed.