How do I add a file to existing Secure Note

Options
DerekHan
DerekHan
Community Member

Doing a migration from Secret Server to 1password and need to know how to attach a file/document to an existing SecureNote.

Reason is, secret server is incapable of exporting files so when you do the export it pulls all the text details fine and imports them into 1password. However I am going to have to manually download upload the file for each file/document.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @DerekHan,

Thanks for your message. In order to add a file to an existing Secure Note, you can edit the item > + add more > Attach a File. Those details can be found here in our guide to Work with files in the 1Password apps.

I hope this information helps, but if you need further assistance, just let us know. We'll be here for you.

• DerekHan
    DerekHan
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like its just not available in the Browser. Super strange design decision.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @DerekHan, thanks for your response! You're correct here - on our website, file attachments can only be added to items in the Document category. You can use the desktop app to add attachments to any other item types. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused here, and if full attachment support on 1Password.com is something you'd be interested in seeing, I would be happy to file a feature request for this on your behalf - just let me know!

• DerekHan
    DerekHan
    Community Member
    Options

I'd say feature parity is something to strive for where possibly. In this case, i know it's not a technical hurdle.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @DerekHan, thanks for getting back to me! I've passed your feedback along to our product team in the form of a feature request.

If you have any further suggestions or questions, let us know 😄

ref: 33880421

This discussion has been closed.