To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Feature Request: Right-click menu for fill-ins related to a URL

Options
TexasProSound
TexasProSound
Community Member

One of the features I really used a lot in LastPass was the right-click menu option to open up a list of related logins based on that URL (website)

It would be faster and more efficient to have that option in 1Password

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @TexasProSound,

Feedback like this is really valuable, and I’d appreciate if you could share more information about it.

It’s helpful to know why this is important and how you would use this feature in 1Password, so I can share your suggestions with the appropriate team for consideration.

• TexasProSound
    TexasProSound
    Community Member
    Options

Its so much easier to right-click and have the options displayed to fill, then having to (1) navigate to the top of my browser, (2) click to open 1Password, (3) go to the 'Suggestions' (which should by default be the first option to display), then (4) click on the option >> (5) FILL

That's 5 steps to navigate thru!!

Having that same menu open on a 'right click' eliminates 3 consumer's time-wasted steps, the cursor stays on the page instead of off-page.

LASTPASS has been doing it for years . . .

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

@TexasProSound Usually, I just navigate to some website with my browser favorites function, and in case that website asks for my credentials to login, I usually see a small popup attached to the username field, created by 1Password automatically, offering the credential (or a list of credentials) from entries with matching URLs. I just click the small popup, the credential is autofilled, then I click the website button that actually performs the login. This is 1 click and absolutely straightforward. This is the most basic and central function why 1Password is so convenient.

If you're unable to see the offered popup, either the URL doesn't match, or the website is one of the very few where this autofill doesn't work (I have 180 entries, from which 2 don't work this way), or you explicitly disabled this popup. It's the "Offer to fill and save passwords" and "show autofill menu on field focus" settings in the browser plugin config.
    One way or the other, if you click into a field that can and should be autofilled, usually a small 1Password icon appears, that, if clicked, offers this autofill list with matching credentials.

It might also be you installed some browser extension that inhibits this 1Password autofilling. If you installed any plugins, temporarily disable all except 1Password and see if there is any change in behavior.

• TexasProSound
    TexasProSound
    Community Member
    Options

1Password does it job by filling in an associated web url

I'm referring to when you get to a NEW website that has a form to fill, then I have to go thru all those steps, where the options were in the right-click menu list.

This is a "Feature REQUEST", not an tech issue . . .

• Hi @TexasProSound,

Thank you for that additional information! I've filed a feature request internally to bring this to the attention of our team. They regularly review feature requests from our customers to consider what should be added or changed to future versions of 1Password. Your feedback, along with feedback from our other customers, helps them immensely with their planning.

This discussion has been closed.