To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1password no longer accepts my masterpassword

Options
haidoo83
haidoo83
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Memberships

So the issue is simple: 1password no longer accepts my master password
The password has been the same from day 1 - several years now. It is written in a safe place and has worked fine, forever.
Key to this is that I used it successfully only 2 days ago on a new browser. I know for certain this is the correct password. I have never changed it.
It does not work in any browser on my PC, or on my mac, nor on my iOs app, and faceID is not given as an option anymore.
I do not have an emergency kit (I probably do, but cannot for the life of me find it - my fault, of course), and I do not have my secret key anymore.

Bad management on my side apart...what the hell is going on? I know I will be told only I have the password, no-one else can find it for me etc. and honestly, I expect I will get fobbed off here, but I have to ask. Something is wrong and it ain't my password.
Thanks

1Password Version: 1password 7 iOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac, pc, iphone
Browser:_ safari, chrome, Brave, edge

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

If you always relied on biometry and PINs and very seldomly entered your password actually, you might now misremember one character (dot for underscore or something like this) or switched parts. How about taking out your written down password from ages ago and painstakingly enter what is written down there, no matter what your memory says?

If there are non-standard localized language chars contained in it, did you change input methods or input language lately and one of the keys changed?

• Hi @haidoo83,

We will be happy to help you with this - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.