How do I add a file to existing Secure Note

Options

Doing a migration from Secret Server to 1password and need to know how to attach a file/document to an existing SecureNote.

Reason is, secret server is incapable of exporting files so when you do the export it pulls all the text details fine and imports them into 1password. However I am going to have to manually download upload the file for each file/document.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @DerekHan,

Here are the steps to attach a file to a secure note:

1. Open and unlock your 1Password
    2. Locate the Secure Note and choose Edit
    3. Choose Add more > Attach a file
    4. Choose the file to upload and click Save.

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

• DerekHan
    DerekHan
    Community Member
    Options

That function/feature doesn't exist in the web browser. But does in the desktop app.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @DerekHan you're correct that this can only be done via the 1Password app. The extension is limited, as it was built mainly for saving and filling (which is what it does best). The web app at 1Password.com is also limited -- however, our developers do want to add more features there. I've created a feature request on your behalf to allow for attachments to be added when signed in at 1Password.com. Hopefully it is something that is considered and implemented in the future.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help.

PB: 33880421

This discussion has been closed.