Sub-domains

Options

I know this feature has been asked for since the beginning of time, but is there any chance of finally being able to distinguish between sub-domains? We're using them more and more at work and it sucks to have so many options to pick from in the list when signing in for many sub-domains in our company domain. Is this really that hard to implement?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.2.0
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @ajahn! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! We recently released the ability to adjust autofill behaviours by domain: Change where a login is suggested and filled

You'll find the feature in the latest versions of 1Password 8. Let me know if that's what you were looking for. 🙂

-Dave

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Wow! That is fantastic news! It works great! Thanks for adding that feature.

• You are most welcome @ajahn, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all and have a great weekend!

• pkqk
    pkqk
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I recently discovered this feature and enabled it for a list of subdomains I have for work accounts, however it does not seem to behave like the documentation.

Instead of only showing the account linked to the domain, it is still showing all entries I have that match the parent domain, but now it puts my username in parentheses and duplicates the entry that does match the domain.

• Hey @pkqk,

Would you be able to share a couple of screenshots of the items themselves with the autofill behaviours you have set so we can try to replicate the behaviour? Please be mindful to hide any personal information before sending this over.

Thanks!

• pkqk
    pkqk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles

Here's the versions I'm running on OSX Ventura 13.0.1 (22A400)
    Chrome Version 114.0.5735.133 (Official Build) (arm64)
    1password extension: 2.11.0
    1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007041)

This is the only entry in all my vaults that matches the domain, I have other entries that have the same settings but for other sub domains and you can see they are showing up in the autocompletion.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @pkqk, thanks for that screenshot. It would also help for us to review screenshots of the login items that should only appear on the subdomains. We have to check to see how those have been set up.

If you're more comfortable, could you send us those screenshots via email? You can address the email message to support+forum@1Password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• pkqk
    pkqk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P

I've worked out what the issue was now, I had a bad import from lastpass in my personal vault that was also matching. The domain matching from my work vault is working as expected.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pkqk thank you for the update! I'm sorry about the bad import. Now that you know the cause of the issue, I do hope that things will get sorted, and that 1Password can work well for you going forward.

Please feel free to reach out to us again if you need more help. Have a wonderful day.

This discussion has been closed.