1Passoword 8 on macOS Mojave

Options
anjanesh
anjanesh
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I keep getting warning of outdated 1Password extension on my macOS. Im on a macOS Mojave and using 1Passoword 7.
I can't (won't) update my macOS from Mojave and hence can't install 1Password 8.
So what do I do ?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Browser:_ FireFox

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @anjanesh, sorry about the delay in responding. I understand that you are unable to upgrade to 1Password 8. I can check on the warning that you're seeing for the extension. What browser does that occur in? Could you share a screenshot of the warning that you're seeing?

Make sure to not include any sensitive information in your screenshot. For help with taking screenshots, check out this link: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Don't forget to attach the screenshot to your reply. We hope to hear from you again soon

• anjanesh
    anjanesh
    Community Member
    Options

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@anjanesh there is indeed a minimum requirement of MacOS 10.15 or later to install 1Password 8. Some features of 1Password 8 were coded specifically for newer versions of MacOS and will not work with older versions of the operating system, which is why that minimum requirement is there. If you can update your operating system, we strongly recommend that you go for it, since working on such an outdated operating system is quite a security risk, regardless of 1Password.

However, in case you are unable to upgrade your operating system to use 1Password 8, you can continue using the 1Password extension in your browser. While we can't guarantee that the extension will work on an older system, it does not depend as much on the version of macOS you are running.

As a note, you had mentioned a warning about the extension in your first message here. The screenshot that you shared is in regards to the app and does not mention the extension. Are you getting a separate warning or error message about the extension? If so, please share a screenshot of that and we'll take a closer look at it.

• anjanesh
    anjanesh
    Community Member
    Options

That warning showed up 2-3 times now - I'll get back to you on the screenshot of it when it appears again.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@anjanesh I look forward to the screenshot. I also want to confirm the following:

• Is the warning for 1Password in Firefox?
    • What version of Firefox are you running?
    • Do you get that warning as you try to unlock the extension or does it appear after another set of actions/events?

Talk to you again soon!

• anjanesh
    anjanesh
    Community Member
    Options

I don't recollect when or how the flash messaged showed up.

I am on FireFox 114.0.2
    1Password in the browser 2.11.0
    21100005, on STABLE channel

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@anjanesh thanks for the info. Are you still able to use the extension to save and fill your logins at this time? If so, then that is good news. We just need to wait on the warning/error message to see what's going on there.

• anjanesh
    anjanesh
    Community Member
    Options

So far its working in my browser.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@anjanesh gotcha. Let's wait for the warning/error message to re-appear. Let's also make note of what steps/event led to that error. Then we can go from there.

• anjanesh
    anjanesh
    Community Member
    Options

Got it right now !

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2023
    Options

@anjanesh thanks for sharing that! The warning is in regards to the older classic extension, which is no longer supported and will no longer work in the browser. Let's remove the classic extension and make sure that you have the new extension installed.

1. Copy and paste about:addons to Firefox address bar and click Enter.
    2. Look for 1Password extension (desktop app required) and click to Remove it.
    3. Make sure that you have the new extension installed: 1Password - Password Manager
    4. Make sure that the new extension is pinned to Firefox's toolbar: https://support.1password.com/missing-browser-button/#firefox

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• anjanesh
    anjanesh
    Community Member
    Options

Done - thank you.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@anjanesh you are welcome!

This discussion has been closed.