Save information rather than delete on automatic time out?

Options
Pluto6
Pluto6
Community Member

The other day, I was having to log into a secure web site that had one answer a minimum of 7 security questions. Knowing I would not remember all the questions, I opened up a secure note in 1Password on my iPhone. I made a note name, and saved that, then I started making notes, and eventually got everything typed in. I then had to go through some more security checks on the web site, and went I went back to 1Password, it had timed out. So, I opened it back up, and the secure note was not there. Since I did not do a save immediately, I assume the default option is to delete any data that is not specifically saved? Seems like since I had to name the note before I could even start, and then save the name, the note itself should be saved by default on shutdown, not deleted.
I am still using version 3.7.2 on the iPhone due to not wanting to get rid of google maps through upgrading to iOS 6. Does this change in the new version?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm really sorry to hear you had some trouble the other day. We take data integrity very seriously. I can't reproduce this in the current version of 1Password (4.1.2). Please let me know if you can. There were a number of issues that were resolved in the new version.

Google Maps is available for iOS 6 if it helps. :)

If you wish to stick with 1Password 3, then you may need to make sure to save your changes before "stepping away from" 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.