Is anyone else experiencing that the 1password Edge extension slows Edge browser to a stop?

Options

I am having problems when using the Windows 1Password Edge extension. My browser tabs would come to a halt (where they would no longer respond to any input or refreshing the tab) .

I restarted my computer
scanned for malware
updated the Edge browser
repaired the Edge browser
reinstalled the Edge browser

I updated all my extensions and I finally disabled all extensions and added them back one by one, with only that one extension enabled

I found that the only time the problem reoccurred was when I had 1Password extension enabled.

Is there someone that can help me troubleshoot this problem?

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:1password Edge extension slows Edge browser

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @nostink, the behavior that you've described is pretty strange. Could you let us know what version of Edge you're running now? Could you disable the 1Password extension's connection to the app to see if that improves the behavior?

1. Open your Edge browser as you usually do.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select 'Settings'.
    3. Under General, turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting.

Let us know how that goes. Talk to you again soon.

• nostink
    nostink
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response. I have been out of town so I have not been able to disable 1Password Extension as you suggested. I will do that now and give it 24 hours before I reply with what I find.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nostink I hope things are well. I wanted to reach out to see how things were going with the extension in Edge. Could you let us know if turning off the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting improved the behavior? If so, could you turn that back on and let us know if the unwanted behavior returns?

I look forward to hearing from you again!

This discussion has been closed.