Chrome extension locks 1P continuously

Options

Running 1Password for Mac 8.10.7. Over past few days, i'm constantly having to unlock with password or touch-id. Often 3-4 times in a row. Seems to be issue with using Chrome extension. If unlocked it'll lock as soon as I click on the icon or use the SHIFT-OPTION-SPACE key combo to bring up search window. Was all working fine until some time last week and no unusable. I'm having to copy/paste from the 1P app into browser. Assume it started with the 2.12.0 update coming?

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.4.1
Browser:_ Chrome Version 114.0.5735.133 (Official Build) (ar

Comments

• Hey @davfox,

I'm sorry for the trouble, it sounds like 1Password could be having a hard time connecting with your browser. Can you try the steps below for me and let me know if it improves things:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if it is working properly.

Let us know how you get on.

• davfox
    davfox
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks Steph, i've just done this and seems to be behaving fine so far. I did reboot Mac end of last week to install OS update. I'll report back here if issue continues. Thanks again.

• Thank you for the update @davfox.

I hope things are smooth sailing from here on.

This discussion has been closed.