Bug: Editing an item opens a previously viewed item

Options
jth
jth
Community Member
edited June 2023 in iOS

After viewing a few items, I’ve seen a few times where editing an item brings up the previously viewed item in the editor. So view A, view B, view C, edit C, and B comes up in edit view. Closing and choosing edit C again brings up C in edit view as expected.

When archiving an item from search results, the archived item doesn’t disappear immediately.

After archiving an item by swiping left on an item, the next item I try to swipe left will not swipe/react as it should.

Comments

• Hi @jth

I'm sorry to hear you're running into these issues in the newest version of 1Password. I do believe that the development team are aware of some of these bugs, but it'd be great if you could give us an email at support+forum@1password.com with any screenshots or screen recordings using test items so that we can take a closer look at what's going on here.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/137998/bugs-in-8-10-0
    • Your forum username: jth

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

• jth
    jth
    Community Member
    Options

I still have this happen from time to time on iOS but have been unable to get a recording of it.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jth

I'm sorry that you're still running into the issue, the original bug that you reported was experienced by a few other users on version 8.10.0 and was resolved in version 8.10.1. We'll need to investigate further to see if the bug has returned or if you're running into a different issue.

Are you currently running the latest version of 1Password for iOS (version 8.10.7)? If you are then do you experience the issue as you described it in your original post: when you edit an existing item you see a previously viewed item open instead. Or do you run into the issue when creating a new item? Are you able to reproduce the issue at will or is it random?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20148
    ref: dev/core/core#20238

• jth
    jth
    Community Member
    Options

Then, perhaps I miss remembering, and I have not experienced it since this fix was released. I will pay attention and post here if I go through this once again.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you, if you do run into the issue again then please let us know. 🙂

-Dave

• domeheid
    domeheid
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I’m still having this issue. I’ve emailed you a couple of screen recordings as requested above. Here’s the support ID: [#WFX-67566-353].

Thanks.

Yours aye,
    Chris

• Dave_1P
    Options

@domeheid

Thank you for posting the Support ID. It looks like one of my colleagues has sent you a reply over email, please continue the conversation there. 🙂

-Dave

ref: WFX-67566-353

• domeheid
    domeheid
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Deleting and reinstalling the 1Password app - as recommended by your colleague, Jac, in his email reply - seems to have fixed the bug.

Thought I'd share this here in case other users are still experiencing the same problem.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@domeheid

Thank you for sharing the solution with the community! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.