1PW not autofilling in recent Opera One release

Options

The Opera One update was released this week (ish) and currently, autofilling does not work. It did work in previous versions of Opera, though.
When clicking into a text field, 1PW does suggest login information, but clicking it does not enter the credentials in the text field.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: Win 11
Browser:_ Opera One

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @dulfrg, 1Password can fill in Opera One on my end without issue: https://share.cleanshot.com/6Vvrswzx. To look into what's happening on your end, I'd like to ask a few questions:

• What version of Opera One are you currently running?
    • Do you have filling issues on just one website or all websites?
    • Do you run into any issues when saving logins or generating new passwords?
    • Does locking and then unlocking the extension in Opera One help at all?
    • Do you have any other extensions installed in Opera One? If so, what are they?

I look forward to hearing from you again.

• dulfrg
    dulfrg
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply @Joy_1P!
    I'm using Opera One version 100.0.4815.21, based on Chromium 114.0.5735.110. The issue started after updating / upgrading from Opera to Opera One and applies to not all, but a lot of the websites I'm using. Here are just a few examples for you to test out:

• wikipedia.org
    • webmail.manitu.de
    • buhl.de/mein-buhlkonto
    • skatbank.de/services_cloud/portal

Saving logins and generating passwords seems to work fine. I'm not using any other browser extensions besides "I don't care about cookies", which I have disabled to test if it affects 1PW (it doesn't). Locking and unlocking the extension doesn't work either.
    I've also noticed that the 1PW extension does not show me login info relevant to the website I'm currently using (whereas before, when I visited a website, it would detect it and suggest the login data. This may be a separate issue, though.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dulfrg thanks for the info! I haven't checked on all the websites you listed but I did test the filling on the first two. Things are working fine for me there. Here's a video: https://share.cleanshot.com/s5FTsF11

Could you visit our test form at https://fill.dev/form/login-simple and see if you can save/fill on there? Just type in a fake username and password, and then click to Save in 1Password. Do not submit the login and try to sign in. Instead, just refresh the page, click into the username field, and then select your login to fill it.

If the login on our test form doesn't fill, please grab your extension console logs for us: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log. You can copy/paste the logs here or email them to us at support+forums@1Password.com. Just let me know your Support ID if you email the logs to us.

I've also noticed that the 1PW extension does not show me login info relevant to the website I'm currently using (whereas before, when I visited a website, it would detect it and suggest the login data. This may be a separate issue, though.

This is a separate issue and can be fixed with the steps below:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, go to “Open 1Password to” and select “Suggestions”.

I look forward to hearing from you again!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dulfrg I wanted to follow up on the issue with filling in Opera One. I'm curious, are you working outside of Workspace 1? Here's a screenshot of that: https://share.cleanshot.com/FRYpPRqj

We've recently discovered a known issue with filling outside of Workspace 1. Please let me know and I can provide more details.

• Cooly
    Cooly
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

I encounter the exact same issue (fill suggestion poping out but clicking on it or using keyboard to select a suggestion does nothing) on my Opera One on both Ubuntu 22.04 (X64, Gnome) and Windows 11.

The version I'm using on my Ubunutu is the latest 100.0.4815.20 (Chromium version:114.0.5735.110).

However it might be important to note that I'm using the beta version of the 1password extension (because I wanted to enjoy Passkeys :-))

I have tested the test form and can confirm the behavior: suggestions shows but I'm not able to select any.
    The same occurs on Github and any other form (and not only for login, address fill doesn't work either).

Thank you for your help

• dulfrg
    dulfrg
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thanks a lot @Joy_1P!
    Your hunch was right, 1PW seems to work perfeclty well in workspace 1, but not at all in other workspaces. The same is true for the other issue: I did have suggestions enabled, 1PW just doesn't suggest anything if not in workspace 1. Seems like these issues are connected after all.

One more thing I noticed: If I open the extension, search for the login info I'm looking for and click "open and fill in", the process always works, no matter which workspace.

• Cooly
    Cooly
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that too indeed

• Thank you for getting back to us @dulfrg, @Cooly.

I have added you as affected users to the issue that has been filed with our development team. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: dev/core/core#22559

This discussion has been closed.