OTP for Oracle OCI IDCS with MFA Enabled

Options

We are using IDCS in Oracle OCI and have enabled MFA. It supports the use of third party authenticators. I have enabled this in my user profile and it works! Awesome.

There is a challenge, though. It's not auto-filling as usual when the prompt comes up, requiring extra clicks and pasting. I wonder if this is just an effect of how the prompt is displayed and perhaps not detected by 1Password?

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Fedora 38 (6.3.8-200.fc38.x86_64)
Browser:_ Firefox 114.0.2 (64-bit)

Comments

• Hey @btaroli,

Can you confirm if it successfully signs you in when you copy and paste it? Is it just that it is not being filled into the field leaving you to manually input it?

If so I'd like to gather some page details so I can pass this on to our development team to take a closer look. Please can you send the following:

1. Navigate to the page with the filling issue.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    5. Attach the downloaded .json file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

• btaroli
    btaroli
    Community Member
    Options

Indeed it does work, when manually pasted!

The thing I noticed when re-adding my mobile device on the security part in my IDCS profile was a checkbox labeled “Offline or third party authenticator”. When checked, the displayed QR code (and manual code) work just fine with 1password.

I’m also used to sone login forms where I have to click into them before it’ll populate. Or, with this newer IDCS login form, I have to click from the user to the password field before they both auto-populate. But the OTP value doesn’t auto-populate regardless what I try. Heck, I even wondered if pasting after the password step might work, as it does k. iPhone. Nope.

I guess clicking the extension menu, the item, and then the OTP field and the. Pasting isn’t awful. But automatic I’d better. ;-)

If there is anything I can send to help further diagnose or, like page source, let me know.

• btaroli
    btaroli
    Community Member
    Options

My apologies! I replied based on the text that was included with the email notification. I didn't see the rest of your response until after I posted my reply. I've just emailed in the JSON as requested. Thanks!

If I'm reading it correctly, the auto-response has the "code" in the subject? It was #QKN-59371-825

• Thank you @btaroli, I see my colleague was able to assist over email.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: QKN-59371-825

This discussion has been closed.