2FA Autofill with Multiple One-Time Password Fields

Options
Beelzebozo
Beelzebozo
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I concede up front this is likely a fairly niche use-case, but I'm wondering the best way to handle it. I have a Password Item for my work Active Directory credentials. I use them to login to a variety of SSO web apps bound to the same credentials so I have it all in one Item. The first one-time password QR code I scanned (labeled "Pulse Secure" at the top of the screenshot) gets autofilled whenever I use the item to login to any site. In hindsight, I wish I'd put the Microsoft one in this special slot because I use it more often and would get more autofill value. Is there a way to swap them without having to remove them all and re-add them? At this point I don't recall how to get back to the QR code scans, so I probably won't attempt the latter.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.4.1
Browser:_ Chrome 114

Comments

• Hey @Beelzebozo,

I believe you will be able to change the order of the OTP using copy and paste.

As a precaution to avoid you losing access to any accounts I would suggest you to start you click the three dots in the right hand corner of the item and duplicate it and rename the copy so you can tell the two items apart.

Next if you choose Edit and create a new One Time Password field you should be able to copy the contents of the Pulse Secure OTP field to the new field you have created. You can then repeat this process and copy and paste the contents of the Microsoft field to that first OTP field. Once you have done this test to see if it works and if you are happy you can remove the duplicate item.

Let me know how you get on.

• Beelzebozo
    Beelzebozo
    Community Member
    Options

That did the trick! Thank you so much for your help.

• Thanks for getting back to me @Beelzebozo, I'm glad to hear it.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.