To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Disable access to vault from 1password.com? Separate passwords?

Options
dml1pw
dml1pw
Community Member

Hi there. I've been a 1Password user since 2015 and have resisted upgrading to 1Password 8 because I liked my local vault and managing syncing. Because the classic browser extension will stop working in July, I'm investigating if 1Password 8 will work for me.

1) Is there any way to disable access to one or more vaults from 1password.com via the browser? Even with 2fa enabled I would like to only have access to my vault from my iOS and macOS devices. I don't ever want my passwords to be visible from 1password.com.

2) I'd like my administrative password for 1password.com to be separate from the password that unlocks my vault. I read that it might be possible to do this, but I can't figure out how to configure that. Am I missing something? Is this possible?

Thanks so much for the help!

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.3
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dml1pw,

Based on your message it sounds like you have a unique setup on 1Password at the moment; we will be happy to help you with this - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• dml1pw
    dml1pw
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks you for your reply! I'll do that.

• You're welcome @dml1pw , happy to help!

• Roxy
    Roxy
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

Can you provide answers (or point to resources with the answers) for the OPs two questions?

While I understand the need to be secure with a customer's private information, I feel you do a disservice to the community at large when there is no follow-up to these general questions that are taken offline. I've been browsing the forums quite a bit trying to decide on a subscription and I've seen a lot of the questions I also have on the forum but with no answer/resolution because of this practice.

Thank you,

• Roxy
    Roxy
    Community Member
    Options

Just following up - hoping to get some answers. Does anyone know the answers to the original two questions on this thread?

Thank you,

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

From my understanding as customer and as I see all the features of 1Password, the answers to both questions is "No".

• Blake
    Options

Can you provide answers (or point to resources with the answers) for the OPs two questions?

Sure!

1) Is there any way to disable access to one or more vaults from 1password.com via the browser? Even with 2fa enabled I would like to only have access to my vault from my iOS and macOS devices. I don't ever want my passwords to be visible from 1password.com.

While you can use Travel Mode to make it so that the only vaults on your devices will be the ones you’ve marked as safe for travel via 1Password.com, there's no way to restrict these vaults from appearing in your 1Password Account at 1Password.com without Managed Travel Mode; a feature of a 1Password Business account.

https://support.1password.com/travel-mode/

2) I'd like my administrative password for 1password.com to be separate from the password that unlocks my vault. I read that it might be possible to do this, but I can't figure out how to configure that. Am I missing something? Is this possible?

While the account password you use to login to 1Password.com has to be the same account password you use to unlock your vaults (for cryptographic reasons) there will be the ability to create a 1Password Account without a password or a Secret Key with only the use of a passkey in the future, which opens up a whole new level of security for your 1Password Account.

This discussion has been closed.