App is triggered for every form field

Options
MikeMcD
MikeMcD
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Can't add screenshot so I'll try to explain.
When I go to a website, for example usps.com and fill out a mailing label 1password will pop up over the field no matter the field, address, zip code etc. not just the login fields.
Is there a way in settings/preferences to make it so 1password starts only for login (name, password) and not every field on the form.
This is happening with the new subscription based app, never happened with the older desktop app.

1Password Version: newest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Browser:_ all

Comments

• Hi @MikeMcD , thanks for reaching out!

Are you looking to stop the 1Password icon from appearing in fields, or are you seeing the autofill menu appearing under the fields when they're in focus? If you're seeing the autofill menu on field focus and would like to prevent it from automatically appearing you can use the following steps:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. Scroll down to the Autofill section and toggle off "Show autofill menu on field focus".

I look forward to hearing from you!

• MikeMcD
    MikeMcD
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks I'll give it a try.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MikeMcD please do let us know how things go.

• MikeMcD
    MikeMcD
    Community Member
    Options

Still seems to be activated for other fields, here the website is asking for verification code.

• Hi @MikeMcD , are you seeing this automatically appear when the Verification Code field is in focus after turning the "Show autofill menu on field focus" setting off? Additionally, do the items appearing have their Autofill Behavior set to "Fill anywhere on this website"? Here's how you can check:

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Select one of the Google items, then click Edit.
    3. In the website field, click the Autofill Behavior icon

For reference I've also included the following guide on Autofill Behavior:

• MikeMcD
    MikeMcD
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

I see the Autofill...
    If I choose "Only fill on this exact domain" is confusing... does it mean just google.com or any website I use google email to log in?
    Thank you.

It might be Firefox. I'll try other browsers.
    Nope does the same in Safari...

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MikeMcD sorry for the confusion. The field is asking for a code from a message sent to your email, so there should not be suggestions from 1Password there. Those autofill options would not make a difference in this situation.

I am curious though, what steps did you take to get to the field in your screenshot? I tried adding a recovery email address to a Gmail account on my end, and 1Password doesn't make any suggestions in that particular field. I tested in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari: https://share.cleanshot.com/RkLZ1h4M

If you can tell me more about how to got to the field, I'll check things out further on my end. I hope to hear from you again soon.

• MikeMcD
    MikeMcD
    Community Member
    Options

that's a google request for "recovery email" ... so when you get this google is telling you they are sending a one-time code to an email address you designated as your recovery email (in case you lose your password etc you can recover it) ... go to that email, get the code, enter it and that should be the last time you see recovery email.

Note: not 1password related, these recovery fields and others like Captcha won't trigger 1password because it's not a password but a security code.

• cmlobue
    cmlobue
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Our organization is having this problem as well. 1Password is very aggressive about trying to fill every field in a document. We work with a lot of addresses, for example, and it keeps trying to use mine. Being able to teach the app to ignore certain sub-sites or fields would be deligh
    tful.

• Hey @cmlobue,

Whilst there currently isn't a way to disable 1Password on certain fields or pages I have a few suggestions that might improve your workflow:

1. Firstly, the quickest way to dismiss 1Password on a field is to hit ESC on your keyboard or click on the 1Password icon in the field
    2. Another option would be to move the items you don't want to see suggested (such as your personal address) to a separate vault. You can then right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose settings and uncheck this vault within the 'Accounts and Vaults' section to stop suggestions appearing.
    3. Finally I can provide you with the steps to disable the inline menu altogether, however, please be mindful this will effect all websites and fields. If you do this you can then call on password by clicking on the 1Password icon within a field.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.