Edge/Chrome browser extension breaks after updating to 8.10.8

Options
MattM310
MattM310
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Once I update from 1Password for Windows version 8.9.14 (or any other version leading up to latest) to 8.10.8, I lose the ability for the Edge and Chrome browser extension to sync with the desktop app. It states "Problems connection. (ORANGE CIRCLE) Please ensure the 1Password app is unlocked." Shown below. I also did the dev console to show the errors.

If I uninstall the desktop app, delete the localappdata cache and reinstall an older version, the browser extension works. As soon as the desktop app updates to 8.10.8, it breaks again. Reinstalling the extension after the 8.10.8 update does not fix the problem

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Edge

Comments

• Hey @MattM310,

I'm sorry for the disruption. Our teams became aware of a memory usage problem in a recent version of 1Password for Windows. This issue led to problems with instability with the 1Password application, and integration with our browser extension in particular.

This issue has now been resolved. To fix the issue, please check for updates and ensure you’re using the latest version of 1Password for Windows: How to keep 1Password up to date

If you are still experiencing issues after updating let us know and we’ll be happy to help troubleshoot.

• MattM310
    MattM310
    Community Member
    Options

I wanted to update the thread to note that the -47 update seems to have corrected the problem

• Thanks for the update @MattM310, sorry for the disruption.

This discussion has been closed.