How To: Install the Chrome extension in Chrome for Windows

whoisyao
whoisyao
Community Member
edited March 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

My extension vanished from Chrome, and when I try to reinstall it through clicking the downloaded 1Password.crx file Chrome gives me a message that says "Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this website."

It then links to this website saying they have a change in policy.

http://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2664769&p=crx_warning

This has worked perfectly well until this morning when I loaded Chrome and it had vanished.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Are you still having trouble after following the steps to drag and drop the file from Finder (not from the download bar) as outlined in the thread pinned to the top of this category?

There is a video in that thread as well if it helps.

Please let me know.

• whoisyao
    whoisyao
    Community Member

I'm not on a Mac. I'm using Windows 7.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013

Sorry for any confusion. You posted in the Browser Extensions for Mac category. I've moved this to the Windows forum now to avoid any further confusion.

The procedure is essentially identical except you drag the CRX file from Windows Explorer instead of Finder. The instructions are listed (with screenshots) on the extension download page that opens in Chrome when you click "Install Chrome Extension" on the Browsers tab in 1Password's preferences.

Please let me know the number of the step you are stuck on if you're still having trouble. Please describe in as much detail as possible the steps you are taking, and what you are [not] seeing happen? With some additional information from you we can then provide you with specific assistance.

• whoisyao
    whoisyao
    Community Member
    edited March 2013

Alright, thanks! Got it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.