Issue entering 2FA one-time password when adding an account to 1Password for iOS

Options
seefer
seefer
Community Member
edited June 2023 in iOS

I've been using 1password7 on my iPad. Logging in I see version 8 available. Firstly, why was my version 7 simply not updated to version 8?

Regardless, I install version 8 and uninstalled 7. I then go to sign in and enter my password. I'm then presented with a screen to enter my 2-factor auth code. I use the Google Authenticator app on my iPad so I swipe my iPad to launch this. I copy my code and swipe back to 1Password8 but I find the auth code entry box is gone and I'm back to the account sign-in screen with no apparent way to show the auth-code entry box. By the time I retype my password and wait for the auth-code box to reappear, the auth-code timeout can expire.

This a terrible UX experience. The auth-code entry screen should not vanish when I switch from this screen to my Google auth app to grab the code and go back to paste it. I had to get around this by first copying the code from Google auth app, then sign-in and then paste the code. Both ways should work.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 16.5.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @seefer! 👋

That definitely doesn't sound right and I've been able to reproduce the same behaviour on my own iPad. I've filed an internal issue with our development team and they'll investigate this further and work towards fixing the issue.

As you've mentioned, as a temporary workaround, to complete the sign-in process you can copy the one-time password from your authenticator app before signing into the 1Password app so that you don't need to switch away from 1Password. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully this can get fixed soon with a future update.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22756

This discussion has been closed.