Recovery after macOS crash, 1Password for Safari

Options
kevbob
kevbob
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Heya- I did search, but didn't see an obvious report, so I'll drop this here. For a couple months or so I have noticed that the 1Password for Safari widget sometimes stops working. What happens is I'll click on the icon in the toolbar, and instead of prompting me to authenticate, it opens a new tab with a blank window. Doesn't matter if I authenticated in the standalone 1P or not, the one in the browser keeps the lock icon and spawns a new tab each time I press it. The only remedy is to close and reopen the browser, which, as you know, if you have a lot of stuff going on, can be kind of a pain. I didn't pay much attention to connected things at the time, because I don't always need to log in to websites. I also have a MacBook Air that will crash every once in awhile. I leave it on my desk with the lid open 24/7 so it usually just goes to sleep and I wake it when I want to use it. Crashes usually happen when I'm asleep, so I'll come back to the computer with the CHIMMMMMMME reboot sound. This time, I went straight to log into a website, and there it is, the 1P for Safari is broken again.

Should I simply just reinstall it again? Is this something that y'all have seen?

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.12
OS Version: 13.4.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

This discussion has been closed.