Starting about a month back, I now have to enter my master PW each time I want to use 1 PW in Safari

Options
MacDanny
MacDanny
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Starting about a month back, I now have to enter my master PW each time I want to use 1 PW in Safari, even with the app open and unlocked. I have the Macbook Pro with the fingerprint reader, and prior to this change, I only had to use my finger on the reader, only entering my master PW every 2 weeks.

•I have tried re-installing the Safari extension... Nope.
•Remove the extension, relaunch Safari, reinstall the extension... Nope.
•Restart the Mac... Nope.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: 13.3.1 (a)
Browser:_ Safari v16.4
Referrer: forum-search:Constantly have to input master password in safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @MacDanny! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being prompted for your account password more often than expected. As a start, can you update to the latest version of the desktop app (8.10.6) since it looks like you're running an older version: How to keep 1Password up to date

Once updated, try these steps:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Application folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

If that still doesn't resolve the issue then let me know. 🙂

-Dave

• MacDanny
    MacDanny
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Dave,

I have tried this a few times now, and I still end up having to enter my master pw each time I try to use the Safari 1PW extension...
    I am using the latest version of the app.

• Hi @MacDanny and @cobaltjacket ,

To take a closer look at what's going on, I'd like to ask you to reproduce the behaviour and send over some diagnostics from your device :

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

• A link to this thread
    • Your forum username

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.