Seeing "Customize your Home Screen" when opening the 1Password app

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member
edited May 2023 in iOS

Using the latest iOS version, here’s yet another quirk that just started happening a couple of days ago.

About 25% of the time when I tap 1Password to open it, I am greeted with the display for “Customize your Home Screen”. My home screen has been customized ever since it’s been an option, so why am I suddenly and repeatedly being asked to customize it again?

Comments

• Leah1P
    Options

I'm sorry for the trouble. It sounds like you're running into an issue that our developers are currently investigating and I've added your report to the internal work item open for the issue. For now, if you tap on Items and then tap back on Home, that screen should render properly.

ref: dev/core/core#20983

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Leah1P – That's the same fix necessary for this problem, which is still being worked on. 1P is still the undisputed best...but it seems like I'm having to use more workarounds than ever before. Thanks, again!

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you again for reporting both issues, hopefully they'll be fixed soon.

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

The most recent update resolved two issues I was having, but it didn’t fix this one. Hopefully, it’s still being worked on.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@LarryMcJ

I see activity in the internal work item as recently as earlier today. Hopefully this can be resolved soon as well. 🙂

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reassurance!

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you for following up. 🙂

-Dave

• DinoTimHortons
    DinoTimHortons
    Community Member
    Options

I’m having the same issue on my end. Why aren’t more people complaining about this ongoing issue? It’s on both my iPhone & iPad. Replicated by setting “Auto Lock on Exit” to anything outside 1-2 minutes. For example 10 minutes, Within that 10 minute window, go back to 1Password a couple of times (perhaps after 1-3 minutes) doing other tasks on your device.

I’m honestly getting tired of this bug, I keep my Phone Banking PINs on 1Password and while getting to CS takes some time, when I get to the automated IVR to enter the PIN and quickly minimize the dialpad & go back to 1Password, only to be greeted with “Customize your home screen” and having to quickly hit the bottom items row to make everything re-appear again. The iPad doesn’t even have a bottom row and I have to hide/show the sidebar column to force it to re-appear! It’s frustrating. Team, can someone put this on priority?

I highlighted the same on another separate thread about this a months or two ago. What gives? 1 Password 7 was honestly the least buggiest experience I had (if at all), with 1Password 8, there’s 1 bug after fixing another. As possibly inferred from the words in this lengthy post. I’m again, truly frustrated beyond words. Already considering options to move away from 1Password and to iCloud Keychain. On a separate note, the company I work for is one of your biggest clients, and has a slack channel, I see questions and comments on this bug at least once a week!

& yes I also created a support ticket highlighting this. The usual, “yes, our devs are aware and working on it” message follows. You may wish to refer to that original post in the other thread for the ticket number and further references.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

@DinoTimHortons, I understand your frustration. I just tried switching to the latest beta to get rid of this and a couple of other issues. This is still a problem in the beta, so I switched back.

I don’t recommend going down the Keychain Password Manager rabbit hole unless you have only a handful of logins, as it has its own issues. I love its simplicity, but so many features are missing. And if you have multiple logins that use the same base domain, it absolutely will not work with them (think different medical portals managed by the same 3rd party).

• Dave_1P
    Options

@DinoTimHortons

I'm sorry for the frustration. Our team is working on resolving the issue as quickly as possible.

ref: ZRT-86582-759

@LarryMcJ

Our developers have coded a fix for the issue and we're testing it internally. It didn't make the most recent beta version but hopefully we'll be able to release the fix as soon as possible if testing continues to go well.

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Dave!

• DinoTimHortons
    DinoTimHortons
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Thanks! I hope something pans out sooner rather than later.

@LarryMcJ

Indeed! It's difficult since I've been using 1Password since forever, there are certain categories of data & features that doesn't transfer over with iCloud Keychain. As you can imagine, I'm feeling a tad bit "stuck" neither able to move away from this bug nor to another password manager which just adds to my overall frustration on this ever-present issue.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

@DinoTimHortons: I'm hopeful things will work out. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I do see the necessity to move to their current development model because I've been in the software industry for the past 35 years. It doesn't create my UI of choice, but sometimes we have to endure some bad to get to the good. I've been using 1P since it started, so I'm likely not going to bail now.

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    Options

+1

I have had this bug for quite a while now and have to do the Items <—> Home dance pretty much every time I open 1Password. While it is not a huge issue it does make the experience frustrating and less convenient.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Fooligan

I'm sorry for the frustration. I've added your report to our internal work item for the issue so that our developers know that you're affected.

-Dave

• stukey
    stukey
    Community Member
    Options

I am also experiencing this issue and it is very frustrating. I reported it months ago and was told the devs were working on a fix, but months later it is still happening nearly every time I use 1Password on my iPhone and iPad. If anything it has got worse and more frequent with the latest few versions. I understand the new version of 1PW was a major rewrite (I participated in the betas last year), but it is frustrating how buggy and how many niggles remain in this version so long after release. I really hope this issue gets fixed soon. Thanks!

• ag_mike_d
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @stukey,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles and for any frustration this has caused.

I don't have any further news to share at this time, but recommend keeping 1Password up-to date as well as an eye on 1Password Releases, to ensure you're getting a fix as soon as it is available.

We appreciate your continued patience.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

FWIW, for me this is not occurring in the latest beta.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@LarryMcJ

Yep, this was fixed in the most recent TestFlight beta:

We’ve fixed an issue that caused the Home tab to be empty when opening 1Password after it locked in the background.

— from 1Password Releases – iOS beta

Thanks for letting us know it's worked for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.