Save Item -> Update existing: Let us search please!

Options
Hyldegaard
Hyldegaard
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

The times I can actually use the 'update existing' feature seem few and very far between. Usually the list of items is not showing the item I actually want to update. I guess because the URL is not set or not matching.

Please let me search for the item I want to update! This would make my use of 1Password SO MUCH easier.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @Hyldegaard,

I'm sorry for the delayed response!

You're right, when 1Password offers to update an existing item it will show items with URL's that match the page you are on.

Can you provide me with an example where you would want to update an item with a different URL? I'd love to gain a better understanding of the behaviour you are after.

Thanks!

• Hyldegaard
    Hyldegaard
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph,

The use case is for items with no URL .They are not presented in the update dialogue.

I want to assign a URL to an existing item in the update dialogue, which is not currently possible.

• Hyldegaard
    Hyldegaard
    Community Member
    Options

Right now, it is often easiest to just create a new item, copying user and password from the old item and deleting the old item afterwards. This is what I would like to skip and just tell 1P to use the old item directly.

• Thank you for getting back to me with this information @Hyldegaard, I see where you are coming from.

I have put in a request on your behalf to look into ways to make it easier to assign a URL to an existing item that doesn't contain a URL.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: PB34199760

This discussion has been closed.