[UX Improvement/Feature] Drag to search on mobile apps (iOS/Android)

Options
wavedeck
wavedeck
Community Member
edited July 2023 in Android

I‘d like to submit a feature request that will improve the user experience on the 1Password mobile apps.

Short description

Drag down to access the search on „Home“ & „Items“ screens

Current Behavior

Currently, to search for items you first have to switch tabs on the bottom of the screen to the „Search“ page and then start your search for items.

Proposed feature

It would be nice to just drag downwards on the other pages like „Home“ & „Items“ to reveal a search field and upon release focus the search field and activate the keyboard.

This would save time and reduce the steps necessary to search for items on mobile devices (improving the UX) and already feels natural for most users anyways.

Examples include:

• Drag down on iOS Home Screen to use spotlight search (autofocus + keyboard -> best ux)

• Drag down on the WhatsApp Chat list to reveal a search bar (no focus/keyboard)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• wavedeck
    wavedeck
    Community Member
    Options

I‘ve just opened a discussion in the general channel to propose a feature, where you can simply drag down in the app to open search instead of switching to the „Search“ page on the bottom of your screen.

(This might feel familiar if you‘ve ever used the Spotlight Search on your iPhone/iPad)

Let’s start voting & hope the 1Password team agrees to implement this!

https://1password.community/discussion/141202/ux-improvement-feature-drag-to-search-on-mobile-apps-ios-android/

• wavedeck
    wavedeck
    Community Member
    Options

I‘ve just opened a discussion in the general channel to propose a feature, where you can simply drag down in the app to open search instead of switching to the „Search“ page on the bottom of your screen.

(This might feel familiar from some apps like WhatsApp or some Homescreens)

Let’s start voting & hope the 1Password team agrees to implement this!

https://1password.community/discussion/141202/ux-improvement-feature-drag-to-search-on-mobile-apps-ios-android/

• Hi @wavedeck thanks for writing in and sharing this feedback.

I think this is an interesting idea, quick access to search options can be very helpful and with this in mind there are some existing features to navigate to Search. With 1Password for Android you can search from any item list, open 1Password directly to the Search tab with the shortcut icon, you can leave Search open so the app restarts there, and of course tap over to the Search tab.

That being said, I'd be happy to share your feature request with the team. It's always good to have personal insights in the feedback we file. So, if you can let me know any additional details as to why this feature would be helpful for you, I'll be able to pass that on to the Product team.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.