One-Time (OTP/MFA/2FA) auto fill

Options

Hi,
In earlier versions of 1Password the One-Time Password was sent to clipboard, so we could paste it on proprer field.

In newer versions 1Password auto-fill it. Some times it's very good, but some times it doesn't work.

There is a way to disable OTP auto-fill and enable copy it to clipboard again?

I'm using 1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007041)

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.4
Browser: Safari and Edge

Comments

• Hi @MarioCelsoJr thanks for reaching out!

Although there's no way to disable OTP auto-fill specifically, you should be able to copy your OTP from the browser extension or desktop app by clicking on the "one-time-password" field. It should look like this:

You mentioned that sometimes the one-time passwords aren't filled properly. Could you share some of the websites you ran into trouble with so I can do some testing on my end?

I'd also be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf to give users the option to have their one-time passwords copied to their clipboards automatically. Would you like to add any feedback as to how having this feature would benefit you or how the lack of it is impacting your workflow?

I look forward to hearing from you.

• MarioCelsoJr
    MarioCelsoJr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ChrisC1P ! Thanks for your fast reply!

I know that I can copy the OTP from browser extension or desktop, but it is an additional step. If it already been in the clipboard I could just paste it ;-)

But the more annoing problem is when OTP overwrite the password field. So I had to try fill up again with extension or copy password, paste password, click login. Copy OTP, paste OTP, click login.

The first problem usually occours on MySonicWall web site. The browser fills up user/password, but in next page I have to copy and paste OTP.

The overwrite problem occours in a kind private site, so I'm not confortable of publish the address here in blog. But I can share it with you in private.

It would be very helpfull if we could choose auto-fill OTP or Clipboard OTP.

• Hey @MarioCelsoJr,

I see where you are coming from, in an ideal world 1Password would autofill these fields but I agree that it would be nice to have the OTP automatically copied to the clipboard.

I have passed your feedback on to our product team for consideration in future updates.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB34033405

• linkcrux
    linkcrux
    Community Member
    Options

There have been multiple requests over the last 2 years to add back this feature to auto-copy the OTP. Why is 1password not honoring all these customer requests ? It worked in 1P7, but broken in 1P8. Why not call it a gap / defect and fix it ?

This discussion has been closed.