SOLVED: Create Login with Three or More Fields

Options
lysander
lysander
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have a login that requires a Code, UserID, and Passeord.
1Password created only the UserID and Password fields.

How do you create a three-field login in Version 8 of 1Password?

I see no way to edit the existing login to add the additional field.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007041)
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: 13.4.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @lysander! 👋

Thank you for the question. To add another field you can use custom fields: Customize your 1Password items

Alternatively, you can manually save multiple fields on a page by entering information into all three fields on the website that you're on and then right-clicking on the page and clicking 1Password > Save Login.

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thanks, I did that but the login screen for this account has the third field configured as a pick-list. It does not recognize the field I added to 1Password and also the web page fails to remember the code I selected last time. So it is really a problem with they way the page is coded and not a 1Password issue.

But I did verify that a multi-entry login works as you described:

• Thank you for getting back to us @lysander, you're right it would be difficult for 1Password to fill that pick list.

I'm glad you were able to get the multi entry filling, please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    Options

The hardest part of doing the EFTPA site was finding all the field names.

• Hey @lysander,

I agree this can be a little tricky. Sometimes 1Password is able to capture these for you if you manually fill in the fields then right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose 'Save Login'.

I hope this helps!

• PaperQueen
    PaperQueen
    Community Member
    Options

I'm resurrecting this thread since the same issue applies to me. The problem, however, is that using right-click on the 1P icon in Chrome isn't saving all three login fields. In fact, it's only saving one.

The three required fields:

• Last Name
    • Account Number
    • Password

When using the right-click process suggested earlier in this thread, 1P only makes the Password field available for future logins:

Help, please? Thanks!

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

You have to add the fields manually.

• PaperQueen
    PaperQueen
    Community Member
    Options

How and where does one access the “+add more” option? The only place I can manually add fields is in the lower portion of the 1P card—none of which complete auto-fill or login fields online.

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

in the 1PW app open the login you wish to edit, click the EDIT button, then click the +Add More label.
    You will need to add a TEXT field that EXACTLY matches the HTML code label for the field. On the EFTPS site I noted above I had to look in the source code for the login page to get the names of the fields displayed.

For example for the SSN part of the login I had to find there were three seperate fields called SSN1, SSN2 and SSN3. I added all those as TEXT fields to the login sheet.

I am using Safari, but ever browser should have a command called "show source" or somthing like that. Search for the label you see on the form and see if they are the same or different. You need to use the name label in the code.

For your website I found this in the code:
    The field names are "username", "password", and "pin"

• PaperQueen
    PaperQueen
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Therein lies the problem. After clicking the Edit button, there's no +AddMore option.

Before clicking the Edit button:

After clicking the Edit button:

Likewise, when I log into my 1P account via Chrome, then click Edit, there's still no +AddMore option:

I'm using 1P7 on a Mac (Monterey).

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

I am using 8.10.8 so I cannot remember how 7 worked. Check with support. For 1P8 it works they way I demonstated without issue.

Try changing the "Last Name" field to "pin" and then change "Smith" to the appropriate value.
    You do not need "Smith" twice.

• Hey @PaperQueen,

Are you still having difficulty filling on this website?

My recommendation before we go any further would be to upgrade to 1Password 8 so you can use all of our new features and fixes and then the steps kindly provided by @lysander should work for you.

You can find the steps here: Upgrade to 1Password 8.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.