Safari | Adding options '2 weeks' and 'Never' for how often the account password is required

Options

In version 1Password for Mac 8.9.4 a new option for 'choose how often your account password is required when you unlock with Touch ID' has been added. Please apply these settings 1:1 in the Safari extensions. Especially the option 'Never' is important to me.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 13.0 beta 7
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @ugafta:

1Password for Safari will share a lock state with 1Password 8 for Mac. Configuring the timer you'd prefer in 1Password 8 for Mac would be your best bet.

Jack

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P:

1Password for Safari on iPhone does not have the "Never" option. Could you please contact DevOps?

• @ugafta

I've passed along your suggestion about including Never in the "Reauthorize After" setting for the Safari extension on iOS to the Product team for their consideration. Thanks very much for taking the time to write to us about this feature request. While I don't know if this feature will be included (or when), please keep an eye on the release notes with each update of 1Password to see what's new.

If you need any further help from us, or have any questions, please let us know. :)

— Grey

ref: IDEA-I-2134

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P any progress after 2-3 months?
    Anyway, could you please forward this request to the DevOps again?

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Have you been able to retrieve the information?

• Hey @ugafta,

I apologise that I do not have any information to share in regards to this feature at this time. I have flagged this with our product team, please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB-29911931

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    Options

I’m still missing the option “never” after 9 months!
    Could you please forward this request to the DevOps again?

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

@GreyM1P is a push possible for ref: IDEA-I-2134 and ref: PB-29911931?

• Hey @ugafta,

I have highlighted this one again with the team who are actively investigating ways to give users more control over the timeout before reauthorisation is required across our platforms whilst still putting security first.

Thank you for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.