1Password 8 on Mac with Firefox extension has major issues

Options
aosaigh
aosaigh
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I recently updated to 1Password 8 and I'm having huge issues with the extension on Firefox.

Once the 1Password app has locked, trying to unlock 1Password via the Firefox extension seems to cause it to crash, both within the Firefox extension and then independently.

This is very easy to replicate. Lock 1Password in the app, then try to open 1Password via the browser extension button. It goes into a spiral of crashing the app, launching the browser 1Password web page and just opening, crashing and re-opening. It's a total mess. If you independently close and reopen the app, it seems to eventually work. Once 1Passwor d is unlocked correctly, the issue is no longer there.

I've tried reinstalling the Firefox extension and the 1Password app itself, but to no avail.

I have a screen recording of this behavior that I can share with support (don't want to post publicly).

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: MacOS 13.4.2
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• aosaigh
    aosaigh
    Community Member
    Options

New problem now, where if I unlock via the 1Password app first, I get a spinner when I return to the browser and try to use the extension:

• Hey @aosaigh,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in your browser. It definitely looks like it is having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.