To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

We weren’t able to find this invitation...

Options
safetyman
safetyman
Community Member

Upgrading from Windows 1password 7.9. Clicked the link from the bottom left of my 1password interface to spawn the membership deal. The first time I tried it, it told me it couldn't "find this invitation" and "Contact the person who invited you for a new one."

When I tried a second time, it tells me an account already exists with this email.
I went to my email and got a "Welcome to 1Password" message. I'm wondering if I'll still get the "50% off for 3 years" offer for upgrading?

I started the upgrade process on my laptop and pulled in the data from my standalone vault into my account. Then I read that I should do this on my main computer, so I downloaded 1PW8 on my main machine and tried to install it. It asks me if I want to "move any existing data to a new 1PW account.... if I don't it won't be available in 1PW8." I click no as I think I already did this, then it says it'll be "installed without any of my existing data." Does this sound what I want?

1Password Version: 7.9.833
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hi @safetyman,

If you have already created a membership account and moved your data into this account on another device, you wouldn't need to move it into the account again as this would most likely result in duplicates.

To make sure your data is within the account, you can sign into the account through a browser at 1Password.com to make sure that you are able to see all your data within, if you do, there is no need to migrate the data a second time.

Additionally, when accessing the account via 1Password.com, you can navigate to the billing section and see what promotions are attached to the account via the upcoming invoice - do you see the "50% off for 3 years" applied?

• safetyman
    safetyman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_josephine. I figured as much, but wanted confirmation.

I did also see that the discount is being applied. Now to add the extension to other browsers.

• safetyman
    safetyman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_josephine. I figured as much, but wanted confirmation.

I did also see that the discount is being applied. Now to add the extension to other browsers.

• @safetyman,
    You're welcome, happy to help! I'm glad you're seeing the discounted reflected now as well.

In regard to the extension, you can download it here:
    https://1password.com/downloads/windows/#browsers

Once downloaded, you can follow along with our Get to know 1Password in your browser article to get started!

This discussion has been closed.