Weird Browser Unlock Bug

Options
Thomas
Thomas
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Since a while I am discovering a weird behaviour of 1Password for Mac with Safari AND Chrome:

When I return to the computer, often after a screensaver lock, 1Password in the Browser is locked and does not unlock when clicking on the locked symbol, it rather shows a forever spinning loader on a black background. The main 1PW app is unlocked and works well at the same time. This sometimes only affects one browser instance (e.g. one Chrome profile but not the other), but sometimes it affects ALL open browsers.

It can be always corrected by switching the extension in the browser off and back on (Right Click on the icon in the browser bar, manage extension, click off, click on). That sometimes also resets the others browser extensions which magically start working again and sometimes only fixes it for one browser.

It started about a month or two ago and first affected only Chrome, but now also the same problem in Safari. At the beginning it only happened very rarely, now basically after every second unlock.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1
Browser: Chrome & Safari

Comments

• Hey @Thomas,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having, the behaviour does sound strange.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to recreate the issue and then send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.