1Password Browser Extension Crashing / Malfunctioning

Options

In the Brave browser, 1Password extension completely quit working with the message "Password Manager has crashed" every time I try to open the extension. I can't even sign in to the main page because Brave closes it. I tried clearing the cache and reinstalling the extension with the desktop app open - still did not work. But I also think that is major usability issue if that is required.

Also, in Chrome it suddenly quit saving passwords and it is very inconvenient to have to try clearing the cache.

Is the dev team currently addressing these types of usability issues? I'm tech savvy and can work around them, but I have family members who are quite frustrated.

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: macOS
Browser: Chrome, Brave

Comments

• @johnscott

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. johnscott
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/141319/1password-browser-extension-crashing-malfunctioning#latest

This will help us connect the dots as they say. One thing you did not mention in your opening questions is the version of macOS. Please make sure to install any updates that might be available to you.

This discussion has been closed.