"Generated password on mobile device"

Options
lesster
lesster
Community Member

Either through normal operation, or my import of my wife's info for her, she has multiple entries labelled "Generated password on mobile device", with no other useful identifier.

What are these?
Is there any way to figure out what entries they belong to?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

Or to prevent them from happening in the future?

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

Anyone?

• @lesster

My apologies for the delay. It may have been something during the import if you used another manager. In earlier versions of 1Password we sometimes called newly created passwords "generated password". If you were a previous user those passwords were saved when you generated a password, but did not save it to a login. This was a safety measure to make sure you had access to the password so you did not accidentally lock yourself out of a newly created account.

• @lesster

As far as determining where they originated. If 1Password created them, they would generally have the URL and/or the site name in the title. If the user generated the item manually, then I'm not aware of any method to determine where the password applies. In previous versions of 1Password sometimes clean up of the passwords did not always happen. It may be that the entry was indeed saved to a login. I would not recommend deleting any of the entires. You might want to place then in the archive section if you ever need to look at them they'll be there for you.

Talking trash: Why we're introducing the Archive

This discussion has been closed.