Not Receiving Notifications

gc916
gc916
Community Member

I am not receiving notifications of replies to my posts in the forum. In Notification Preferences, I have selected both Email and Popup for all categories, but the problem persists. Anyone else?

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

You are not the only one. But we still don't know what's going on.

But I guess you won't be notified of this response. Nor will I be notified of yours.

Cheers

-j

–-
    Jeffrey Goldberg
    Chief Defender Against the Dark Arts @ AgileBits
    http://agilebits.com

• gc916
    gc916
    Community Member
    edited March 2013

Strangely enough, I did receive an email notification of your reply, although I don't know if was sent automatically by the system or manually by you.

In either case, thanks for your reply.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hm. That is interesting. The notification would have been sent automatically not manually by Jeffrey.

@jpgoldberg and @gc916, could you let me know if you receive a notification for this reply?

I'm doing a little investigative work, and your feedback is much appreciated. :)

• gc916
    gc916
    Community Member

Khad,

I received the following email notification of your post:

"khad mentioned you in Not Receiving Notifications

Follow the link below to check it out:
    http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/69134#Comment_69134

Have a great day!"

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

So it looks like it works if I "tag" you or "mention" you or whatever they call it. Do you get a notification for this if I don't? I'm guessing you may since Jeffrey didn't tag you in his post above, but you said you received a notification for it.

• gc916
    gc916
    Community Member

Yes, I did receive a notification for your most recent post.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Woohoo! I think we may be in business. Now I just need to double-check with Jeffrey. I'll bet he has his notifications turned off. LOL

• gc916
    gc916
    Community Member

Great! I'm glad you got it sorted out.

• gc916
    gc916
    Community Member

Khad,

One other point just FYI...I haven't seen any "popup" notifications. I don't know if they only appear if I am actually viewing the forum at the time someone replies (that hasn't happened), or if they will appear on my screen when the forum is open in an active browser tab (which just happened, but no popup appeared). Not that important to me, but I just thought I'd mention it while you are troubleshooting.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! I think they only appear if you are actively viewing the forum when a post is made.

• gc916
    gc916
    Community Member

That doesn't work. The forum was open on my screen when you replied, but no popup appeared.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I may not fully understand the live/onscreen notifications myself. I'll try to find out some more.

This discussion has been closed.