Expiration date format

Options
drjuice
drjuice
Community Member

Can there be an option for setting a preferred date format (such as valid from and expiration)? It seems to default to yyyy/mm but here in the US that's not a thing, so my credit card expiration is often auto-filled incorrectly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:expiration date format

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023
    Options

@drjuice

What region is your language/keyboard set to? Also, while in there please make sure your date formate is as you would prefer. In the US you should see. mm/dd/yyyy or mm/yyyy

Can you clarify if this difference is while viewing the item in the app or are you using 1Password in the browser?

• posttoast
    posttoast
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here, and I think this is the same issues that is mentioned in https://1password.community/discussion/121932/consistent-date-format-and-preferrably-in-international-format/p2. For some reason this topic is closed.

I'm European so the way I read my dates is dd/mm/yyyy. The expiration date in my drivers license entry was shown as "5/10/23". It was almost too late when I realised that I had to renew before the 10th of may and not the 5th of october. So this is quite a serious bug:

Interestingly, when I edit the entry, it is shown correctly:

I'm on 1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008045). My region settings in MacOS 13.4.1 (c) are:

• @posttoast

I've replied in your other comment. :)

• posttoast
    posttoast
    Community Member
    Options

Just saw that, thanks Tommy! :)

• Anytime!

This discussion has been closed.