Multiple Page Web Login Creation

Options
kappabear
kappabear
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there, my utility company's login creation is 4 pages. The first page ask for a username, password, account number, and home address. I entered all of this and saved it to 1Password. I was then greeted with a 2nd page of questions; first name, last name, and account number. I entered all of this, and wanted to save it to 1Password (using Safari 16.5.2) but when I sent to the 1Password Safari extension, I didn't see an update or save option for the entry that I'd created. On the 3rd page I was asked for 3 different security questions and my response to those, and then on the 4th page I was asked for my email address and phone number. It would have been great to have been able to update my existing 1Password entry with each subsequent page's responses, however I didn't see anyway to do so. Would be great to know how to do this in the future when presented with such a situation.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: 13.4.1 (c)
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey @kappabear,

The behaviour for saving these details may differ per website. Is this a website I can take a look at and do some testing on my end?

On those subsequent pages you may be able to right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose 'Save Login' for 1Password to capture these fields and save them within the item. In addition, you may find this guide useful on using 1Password to save security questions: Create unique answers to security questions.

I hope this helps!

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph. The site in question is for one of my utilities companies. You can give it a shot here, as I was trying to create a login. I do understand if you can't get far with it.

https://www.recology.com/bill-pay/

Thanks for the tip about right-clicking the site. I forgot about that.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.