Passkey not work with Keycloak

Options
ZeroClover
ZeroClover
Community Member

Hi,

I have installed the beta version of the browser extension and tried out the Passkey feature. It works well on some websites, but seems to be unable to work with Keycloak.

I attempted to register a Passwordless Security Key in Keycloak, but when I clicked on the "Register" button, neither my browser nor 1Password browser extension responded.

No errors were seen in the browser debug console.

My Keycloak WebAuthn Passwordless has the following settings:

Please let me know if I can provide more information to assist with the diagnosis.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @ZeroClocer! 👋

Thank you for reporting that you're unable to save a passkey when using Keycloak. Our developers are aware of this behaviour and are investigating, I've added your report to the internal work item open for the issue.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22245
    ref: dev/core/core#22249

• ag_Christian
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hey there, I just wanted to chime in as well and say thanks for the report too. Since Keycloak is open source, some of us were able to track down the incompatibility and submit a fix upstream to Keycloak as well, in addition to the ongoing work of improving compatibility inside of 1Password in the Browser's passkey logic as well.

• ZeroClover
    ZeroClover
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P @ag_Christian

Keycloak recently released version 22.x. After updating my Keycloak instance to the latest 22.0.1, I was able to register 1Password as a WebAuthn (Passkey) device.

Thank you for your efforts and for providing feedback on Keycloak bugs.

• On behalf of the team, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.