Option to disable display of identity items?

Options

In doing business on the web, I'm constantly having to use 1Password's "Hide on this page" function when filling in fields, for example, when a site asks for one's zip code or even, most annoyingly, when filling in a security code from my authenticator app or cell phone message. This looks like it was well intentioned as a time saving feature, but for me it simply gets in the way.

Is there a way of disabling this feature? I really find it bothersome

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Win 10
Browser: Firefox, Chrome

Comments

• Hey @Captain108,

1Password will try to be helpful and fill these fields for you, you can save your address details within Identity items and you can also use 1Password for two factor authentication.

I can, however, understand how sometimes it can be a little intrusive. You do have the option to disable the inline menu altogether and then when you want to use 1Password to fill in a username/password field you can click on the 1Password icon within a field to open the inline menu. Here's how:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar
    2. Disable 'Show autofill menu on field focus'

Please be mindful this will take effect on every website.

Let us know if you have any questions.

• Captain108
    Captain108
    Community Member
    Options

So it's not possible to turn off the autofill for identities (addresses, etc.) but leave it on for username/passwords?

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

No, it is not possible but I'll be happy to file a feature request on your behalf. By the time you read this I'll be well on my way to getting that done.

ref: PB-34364302

This discussion has been closed.