1Password opens to "Set up your Home screen"

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member
edited July 2023 in iOS

Starting a few days ago, almost every time I open 1Password, I am greeted with the screen to customize my home screen. I have already customized my Home Screen and would prefer to not see this all the time.

Comments

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot to attach a screenshot.

• Hello @LarryMcJ! 👋

I'm sorry that the Home screen isn't rendering correctly, thank you for including a screenshot. Our developers are aware of this issue and are investigating. If you tap on Items and then tap on Home does the message disappear?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20983

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

It disappears after tapping on “Items”…but the problem is why it’s even displaying? I’ve never see that screen before.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

In the last several hours, the behavior has changed again. 1Password now either opens to the screen I previously mentioned, or the following one.

And though this is titled “Items”, it is not my normal “Items” screen – which follows.

It appears something is very broken here.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023
    Options

Thanks @LarryMcJ

The issue appear to be that once the page is redrawn or refreshed that it sorts things. The team is on it.

PS. Charge that battery! -- Looks down and my own is at 9%. Charger acquired.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Tommy! LOL! For 2:38AM, I thought it was doing really well 🥱. It was one of those insomnia nights.

• @LarryMcJ

I think that we all get those nights now and then. 😴

Thanks again for reporting the issue!

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm the latest iOS build (8.10.6) still has this problem. Given all the fixes in this update, missing this one is disheartening.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@LarryMcJ

That's correct, the issue is still in our developer's backlog to investigate and resolve in a future update to 1Password. Thank you for your patience.

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

V8.10.8 dropped today and I opened and closed 1Password a few times to see if this had been fixed. It has not 😩. Yes, it's only a few-second annoyance to select the screen it should have opened to, but is this that difficult to resolve? Or are other bugs just taking precedence?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@LarryMcJ

A fix for the issue is now available in the 8.10.9-12 beta on Testlight: We’ve fixed an issue that caused the Home tab to be empty when opening 1Password after it locked in the background.

If testing in the beta goes well then the fix will be pushed to the production version in the future as well. Thank you again for your patience.

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Dave_1P.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Happy to help. 🙂

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P – I switched to the beta this morning and have not seen this manifest at all. Looks like they’ve fixed it.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P – I spoke too soon with this one. Today, no matter what screen I'm viewing, the next time I look at 1Password it has reverted to this one...every time.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Could someone officially state expected behavior for this. I expect 1Password to always return to exactly where I left it. If that’s not the case, I’ll stop expecting it.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@LarryMcJ

I'm sorry for the confusion. The original issue where 1Password for iOS opens to an empty Home screen with the message "Set up your Home screen" was resolved with 8.10.9-12 beta on Testflight.

1Password for iOS should indeed remember the app's state when you switch away to another app and then back to 1Password. So that we can investigate this other issue further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I'll have to do this later tonight, but there is definitely something still not right. I'm currently using 1Password for iOS 8.10.9 81009005 beta and literally every time I close 1P and open it again, it goes back to a different screen each time. I might expect that if I fully close down the app, but I'm just swiping up to close the UI.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I think I'll just wait this one out until the devs eventually fix it. Today's new beta build sometimes goes back to the display I left, but about half the time it goes back to the screenshot I posted earlier in this thread. And since it's happening on multiple iPhones in my household, it's still an issue.

• Thanks for the report Larry. I'll let the team know.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Tommy. This has obviously been a tough one to chase down.

This discussion has been closed.