Would like to be able to search the entire body of notes in browser extension

Options

It appears others have similar search issues with the browser extension, but I'm seeing mixed or inconclusive answers. I'm looking to confirm the behavior and determine if this needs to be a feature request or formal bug filing. I'm using the latest versions of the desktop app and extension in Chrome on Windows.

When searching a secure note in the browser extension, the search will only return results for which the search term is in the first couple lines of the note. Unlike the desktop app where you can "Show all matching items," the browser extension doesn't find the items.

This behavior is similar for the notes section of other objects (e.g. Login or Password objects), except that no results are returned for these object types when using the browser extension.

Is this a bug or by design? If the latter, I'll submit this as a feature request.

1Password Version: 8.10.8-47
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: Windows
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @SMCIT,

You're right, when searching 1Password in the browser it does not find results from notes as it does when using your 1Password app. I agree that it would be good to see consistency across all of our platforms and see the same search functionality in both the app and when using 1Password in the browser.

I have put in a request with our team for consideration in future updates and have included all of your feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to suggest ways in which we can improve 1Password, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB34449478

This discussion has been closed.