My chromium session gets constantly expired

Options
rep
rep
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Since a few weeks (and only on my notebook, for some reason) a new tab pops up mentioning that my session has expired and that I need to log in again. This only happens on Chromium Browsers (Chrome, Edge in my case).

I tried to uninstall 1Password for Windows as well as all the extenions.
Also tried to unlink the extension to communicate with the Desktop App without any improvement.

It drives me crazy.
Whenever I work in the browser the new tab pops up. One can not ignore and it is reeeeealy bothering me.

Any idea what is happening or how to troubelshoot this?
Cannot tell for sure when this issue started. But it definitely was not there weeks before :-(

Windows 10 Pro
Latest Chrome/Edge versions

1Password Version: 8.10.8 (Windows)
Extension Version: 2.12.0 (Edge)
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Browser: Chrome, Edge

Comments

• Hi @rep,

Can you try extending your auto lock settings on 1Password.com and see if it improves things?

Here's how: How to set 1Password to lock automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

• rep
    rep
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles ,
    thanks for the help. I did try this of course but it didn't help.

From my perspective somehow the link between Desktop App and Browser Ext. was broken.
    I mentioned that I also uninstalled/fresh installed everythign but it looked like it didn't help.

Well .. after a reboot is looks okay again.
    Haven't had the issue the whole day yesterday.

Maybe that will help others too :)

• Hi @rep,

Thank you for the update, please let us know if you run into any further trouble.

Have a great day!

• rep
    rep
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi again @steph.giles ,
    well I guess I was too optimistic. The issue is back on both browsers.
    In the meantime I also switched to the beta Desktop App and beta Chrome extension. But it didn't help.

The extensions are offline quite soon and I do see the following in both extension:

edit: I already tried to lock/unlock of course. Didn't help.

1Password im Browser 2.13.1
    21300102, im Kanal BETA

1Password for Windows 8.10.9 (81009046)

• Hey @rep,

I'm sorry for the ongoing trouble.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at what may be going wrong. I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.