Item shared to multiple Vaults

Options
benjiereb
benjiereb
Community Member

Hello,

Is there a way we could share 1 item to say 20 vaults that when we update the password of this item, the same item that are on the other 19 vaults are also updated?

Seems a bit tiresome to update the password of the same 19 items on the other vaults...

Why does the item work like that?
Is it because we are in Starter Plan?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Edge

Comments

• @benjiereb

No, it's not because you are on the starter plan. Items work this way for everyone. They best way to work around this might be to create custom vaults and keep the specific item in the custom vault where all designed members can access it. This would eliminate the need to update it in multiple instances. Our business support team may have some ideas that'll help you get started. If you wish you can always reach them directly using.

business@1password.com

• benjiereb
    benjiereb
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy ... this is not really good if you think about it...
    As there are items which needs to be shared to say, design team, finance team, dev team, etc....

Why make a copy per vault, when the easier way is just to use the same item and spread it to several vaults...

If you eliminate the copy item thing, its makes life easier for your customers... isn't that the purpose of having password management to a team?

I see on this item, its specifically tied to 1 vault - https://i.imgur.com/NSkPNrS.png
    Why not make that multiple vaults instead of sticking to one...

If you can do that to an item, shared to multiple vaults, then you don't need that move, copy or duplicate button at all.

I hope you can implement this in the future.
    As I have said, it doesn't do justice to update 20 items that has the same info just because it needs to update its password.

• @benjilb

I'd talk with our folks in business support. They may have further suggestions for your specific needs.business@1password.com

This discussion has been closed.