"Sign in with" popup

Options
SimonSays
SimonSays
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I keep getting a "sign in popup" as this https://imgur.com/t3YJQOP in my Edge browser - am already logged in to the website . How do I get rid of it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @SimonSays, that sign-in popup should only appear if you're on a page where you would log in with a single sign-on login. An example of that can be found at epicgames.com. Although you can create a username and password to log in to that website, you can also sign in via other services like Facebook, Google, and more: https://share.cleanshot.com/U89sO6.

Although you're logged into your Live account, are you visiting a page where you are prompted to sign in, like on epicgames.com? If you can tell me what website you are on, I will be able to check if the prompt is expected or if it is a bug.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, its at portal.azure.com. I have several logins for this site including the one in the screenshot, and Im usually already logged in with several of the logins.

• d3b
    d3b
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening to me all the time as well, was hoping there was a way to disable it. Also on the azure portal, and I also have multiple accounts and being prompted every time I open a tab even though I'm logged in.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SimonSays and @d3b - The behaviour you've bumped into with Azure is a known one, and our development team is currently looking into that. I'm sorry for any trouble caused in your workflow. I've added your insight as the team here works to improve this case. Thanks for your support ! 🙂

ref: dev/core/core#18917

• jakehirsch
    jakehirsch
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there, I'm currently using the CRM "copper" and get prompted with a Sign In With every time the page is refreshed or a new link is opened. Is there anything I can do to disable this?

• git4lyfe
    git4lyfe
    Community Member
    Options

I too signed up here just to find out about this. It's very annoying and I don't think the 1Password team appreciate how adding features without toggles to disable them or to keep default behaviour is so frustrating for a corporate user as we are (and I'm the decision maker for, for what it's worth).

It's not just Azure, Jenkins using Google SSO is another one for us where this prompt simply won't go away. Even if I permit it to do its thing when I don't even want it to get involved, and add an entry called "Shutup Azure" it still insists on notifying me in every single tab when I'm already signed in. Worse, the pop-up is large, not auto-disappearing and covers part of the screen you need to functionally use these portals, like deleting resources en masse where the only option is to open dozens of tabs.

This issue is about more than just this one feature to me, but the whole design trajectory of the product. Please don't add workflow-changing features without giving the ability to disable them.

You may want to pat yourselves on the back for shipping the feature that I'm sure some people love, but this has put us on the fence about the product because we have no guarantee that our usage won't break arbitrarily in the future the next time something changes because a product manager/designer decides that everyone needs to work like in a given opinionated workflow. The forced entry of the password on the mobile applications is another example.

Please just give feature toggles, it's really quite simple. You're not giving us any benefit by making autocratic decisions on how we use the app like this. If you follow most dev practices you'd already be initially shipping features dark with a toggle, whether exposed to the UI or not, so it ought to be trivial. The chances of shipping a product that works for everyone with no options is approximately zero so I don't get the ethos here.

• communitytor
    communitytor
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto what "git4lyfe" is saying. I do not think you comprehend how annoying this issue is.
    Could you please make it a priority to fix this.

• @jakehirsch, @git4lyfe, @communitytor,

I can understand where you are coming from when a feature changes your workflow. We are always looking to take users feedback to improve the behaviour of such features but if you want to disable the 'Sign in with' pop ups altogether then here's how:

1. Open your browser, right click the 1Password icon in the toolbar and choose 'Settings'
    2. Under autofill toggle off 'Log in automatically using a sign in with provider' and 'Offer to save new provider sign ins'

I hope this helps, sorry for the disruption.

• communitytor
    communitytor
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Steph

Thank your for proposed workaround, it worked for me.
    For my use in Azure Portal it was enough to only disable the "Offer to save new provider sign-ins"

• You're welcome @communitytor, let us know if you have any further questions.

• git4lyfe
    git4lyfe
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Steph; I can also confirm what communitytor says on that one setting being sufficient and it works for internal SSO sites not just Azure.

That indeed addresses my gripe on feature switches. Just want to note on the original problem that it remains an issue for Azure that even if it "offers" and you accept, it still prompts for that after you've logged in, but I take it that's a different ticket.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @git4lyfe - Thanks for confirming that 🙂

The second issue you noted with Azure continually prompting you even after accepting and logging in is a known one. I'm happy to add you as an affected user while our development team works toward improvements here. We appreciate your continued support!

ref: dev/core/core#18917

• 0xAdamg
    0xAdamg
    Community Member
    Options

Did this ever get addressed? It's driving me nuts.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @0xAdamg, thanks for following up. I'm afraid that the issue has not been resolved it. I'm happy to share your instance of the issue with our developers though. Just to check, is this happening to you with Azure?

• 0xAdamg
    0xAdamg
    Community Member
    Options

Not azure. It happens whenever I log in to a site using the sign in with a provider feature. A pop up notification thats persistent and requires X’ing appears.

I turned the feature off but now I’m forced to sign in manually which feels like I’ve lost feature.

Am I doing something wrong?

• apjanke
    apjanke
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this same problem.

Whenever I go to one of these SSO-enabled sites like Azure (not sure exactly which ones are and aren't affected), I get the popup. Saving that SSO info in 1Password changes what the "Sign in with..." popup says, but doesn't make it go away.

This is a big annoyance for me, because we're an Azure shop at work, and I also use Azure at home, so I'll open azure.com tabs dozens or literally hundreds of times a day, and I have to close out that popup each time. It's not a huge amount of labor to move the mouse and click an extra time on each browser tab. But I find it pretty annoying, because I don't like it when my own tools do things to annoy me.

I'd be happy with just a setting to turn off this SSO (or whatever) support in 1Password entirely, even if it involves an "advanced" setting or editing a registry entry or something like that. Would be nicest if that setting synced across all my 1Password installations, of course; I use 1Password on a lot of different VMs.

This discussion has been closed.