Filling on the Koodo website

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to auto-fill username after updating from 1password7 to 1password8.

Comments

• toxalot
    toxalot
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

I'm having an issue with autofill on https://www.koodomobile.com/selfserve (redirects to another page, same on Windows and Android). Autofill works fine on Windows desktop in Firefox. But same page on Android Firefox will not prompt to autofill the username. So I have to type the username manually and then it will prompt for password field.

Using 1Password 8 on both. Windows 10/Android 13

• Hi @toxalot, thanks for writing in and letting us know about this filling issue.

I did some testing with the Koodo site in Firefox and found that 1Password for Android could fill as expected. I'd like to ask you to check for any updates to 1Password for Android and Firefox then apply them if available.

If there are no updates or you're seeing the same behavior after updating I'd like to ask you to set prompts below fields then try filling on the Koodo site again. To set prompts below fields:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    1. Tap the account or collection icon.
    1. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    1. Tap Display Autofill prompts > Below the fields they relate to.

• toxalot
    toxalot
    Community Member
    Options

Everything is up to date and I tried the "below fields" option. Same behaviour. But I think I figured out the issue. There seems to be a lag time before the prompt comes up. And if I click away from the email field, the form says invalid email which seems to prevent the 1Password prompt even when I go back to the field. If I leave the cursor in the email field and wait longer, I do eventually get the 1Password prompt.

• Interesting, thanks for sharing your findings @toxalot.

Could you temporarily turn "Show filling suggestions" off then check if that prompt appears more quickly for you on the Koodo website? While it's typically not noticeable, loading suggestions can add a little bit of time to the filling process. You can find that setting under Settings > Autofill. Thanks again!

• toxalot
    toxalot
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy It seems to be hit or miss. That "Show filling suggestions" setting doesn't seem to make a difference. What I've discovered is that I seem to have to wait about 15 seconds after the page appears to be fully loaded before I even move cursor to the email field. If I tap on that field any earlier, 1Password never comes up.

• Hi @toxalot, thanks for including those details. And my apologies for the delay in reply here.

As I'm seeing different behavior I've gone ahead and filed a report with the information you have shared. My apologies for the trouble here. For the time being waiting those seconds, typing in your username or using split screen mode to drag and drop your credentials might be the best option.

If there's anything we can help with or you start seeing different behavior on the Koodo site, just let us know.

This discussion has been closed.