St George Bank login

Options
FJKB
FJKB
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,

I note that there have been previous posts about the challenges of using 1Password and St George Bank in Australia.

I have been able to make the three elements required for login to stay as they should, but login still fails. This has been an ongoing issue since I subscribed and I am finally getting round to loggin it.

If you can advise how I can progress to resolution, that would be great.

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.4.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @FJKB,

I have done some testing on this page and I was able to save and fill a login on St George Bank using the below steps:

1. Go to the log in page
    2. Manually enter your log in details in the fields but don't click enter or sign in.
    3. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose 'Save Login'
    4. Give it a title and click Save.
    5. Now refresh the page and see if you are able to fill.

When you say the login fails, do you mean after you submit the form? I'm having a hard time testing this bit without any account so any detail would be really useful.

• FJKB
    FJKB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph,

Thank you for taking the time to assist me with my St George Bank login.

Unfortunately I am still experiencing the problem.

My login page pops up in a new window with no browser bar, so I used the direct URL so I could see the 1Password icon in the toolbar. When I manually fill in the details and then right click the 1Password icon to save, the resulting details in 1Password contain an incorrect password.

Note that my account uses three elelments - acct number, security number and password.

If I then go back into 1Password and correct the error to reflect the correct information, when i use it to log-in it fails again.

For clarity, when I say login fails, this is after the login screen has been populated with the three elements stored in 1Password and I submit.

• Thank you for getting bak to me @FJKB.

You're right, I have done some further testing and it seems that the password that gets saved into 1Password is different to the password entered on St Georges Bank. Unfortunately many banking sites impose password restrictions and security measures that do little to increase user security, while ultimately making it more difficult for users to rely on password managers to fill their complex passwords.

I have filed an issue with our development team to see if we can improve the behaviour on this page in a future update. In the meantime, I suggest copy and pasting your credentials into the fields.

I'm sorry for the disruption to your workflow, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: dev/core/core#23275

• FJKB
    FJKB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Steph,

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Frank

• @FJKB,

You're most welcome Frank, let us know if there's anything else we can do.

This discussion has been closed.